- Competitors must follow all the rules and regulations of the competition, and abide by all the laws of the host location.
- All concerns should be made known to the Competition Organizing Committee in a timely fashion. The Committee will endeavour to resolve the matter in a manner that is satisfactory to all parties.
- The Competition Organizing Committee is in charge of all competition procedures. Intentional interference with or disruption of the competition will not be permitted. The fairness of the competition will be rigorously upheld at all times.
- The order in which competitors will perform in front of the panel of judges will be decided by a random draw. All competitors must follow the directions of authorized staff members and observe the strictest punctuality. Failure to comply with directions, unauthorized departure from the competition venue, and tardiness may result in the disqualification of the competitor in question.
- Competitors must maintain the cleanliness and non-disruptive atmosphere of the competition venue. Also, competitors are responsible for protecting their own valuables and belongings.
- The competition registration form has to be filled out completely, clearly, and truthfully. If the competitor is still under 18 years of age at the time of registration, information about his/her parent/guardian and the latter’s signature also have to be included in the form.
- Competitors may bring their own guzheng for use during the competition. They also have the option of making use of the ones provided by the Competition Organizing Committee. In either case, each competitor or his/her guzheng instructor is responsible for tuning the instrument before he/she appears before the judges.
- The judges will assign marks to each competitor on the spot. The average of these marks will be the competitor’s final score for this competition.
- The panel of judges consists of renowned guzheng performers and musicians. Their decisions are final and are not open to challenge.
- In the event of a tornado or other unexpected natural occurrences, the Competition Organizing Committee will make adjustments accordingly. Competitors have to keep up to date on the changes and maintain their own safety.
For your convenience, click here to download a .pdf file of the competition rules, regulations & requirements as easy reference. For further information or questions, contact us at the following:
- phone: 587.938.1757
- mailing address: 11904-113 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5G 3C2
- 比賽由抽簽方式決定選手參賽順序。選手必須聽從工作人員指揮，按時候 場。不聽從工作人員安排、擅自離場、遲到者有可能被取消比賽資格。
- 選手的報名表必須照實填寫，並填寫完整、清楚。若選手在報名時尚未滿 18 歲，報名表上須附加家長的資料與簽名。
- 郵寄地址：11904-113 Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5G 3C2
- 電話: 587.938.1757